When you get the opportunity, take a few quiet moments to do something that I’m sure many of us have never done. Take maybe three or four minutes and pray the Lord’s Prayer, the Our Father, very slowly – one sentence at a time. As you finish each sentence, stop and reflect on the words and meaning of that sentence.
The prayer that Jesus Christ taught us 2000 years ago is as relevant, possibly even more so, today as it was back then. God’s message is very clear, very simple, but sometimes not easy.
- His name is above all others.
- He has prepared a place for us in Heaven.
- His will, not ours will be done.
- Trust that He will provide.
- Forgive others so that we can be forgiven.
- God will never lead us to sin.
As you pray, other thoughts may come to you or stand out. But by being intentional in your prayer, the focus will return to God.