Your voice is needed to help save millions of innocent lives! Billions of taxpayer dollars could be used to pay for abortion.
The Hyde Amendment and similar pro-life policies have long protected American taxpayers from funding elective abortion coverage and participating in, or providing for, abortion procedures that violate their conscience. The House recently passed a budget without these protections. This legislation must also pass an eventual vote in the Senate, meaning there are still opportunities for advocacy on this critical issue.
Our relationship with Jesus calls us to love our neighbor and will their good – especially for the most vulnerable among us. If the Hyde Amendment is excluded from this budget, abortion will be cheaper, more accessible, and would be funded by your taxpayer dollars. Every child has the right to be born, to experience a beautiful relationship with our Lord, and to find fulfillment in this life and in Heaven. We are created in God’s image, and the life and dignity of all people, especially the unborn, the most vulnerable among us, should be protected from conception until natural death. The Hyde Amendment recognizes that abortion is not a right, but life is, and it’s our duty to ensure that our legislators know that we support the Hyde Amendment.
A basic moral test of a society is how we treat the most vulnerable among us in times of need. This is why the church supports mothers and families during difficult or unplanned pregnancies. We can act for the good of the families by contacting our legislators in support of the Hyde Amendment.
What can you do?
- Promote, and continue to promote, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishop’s (USCCB) petition in support of the Hyde Amendment at NoTaxpayerAbortion.com. If you sign the online petition, a link with a form letter to forward to your legislators is provided.
- Communicate, and continue to communicate, with your senators in support of the Hyde Amendment if you have not done so already.
For more information, visit the following resources.
- Link to Action Alert from the USCCB: Action Center (votervoice.net)
- Click HERE to watch the WEBINAR led by the USCCB.
- Click HERE to learn more about the No Taxpayer Abortion Initiative.
- Additional Information from the USCCB on the Hyde Amendment.
Excerpts taken from information provided by the Diocese of Green Bay.
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish