Depending on the evolving circumstances related to the coronavirus in the weeks and months ahead and in consultation with the Diocesan Monitoring Team, Bishop David L. Ricken is permitting churches to celebrate Mass. Guidelines have been set forth. We are allowed to have a maximum of 140 people in church. Please note that Mass will still be livestreamed Sunday at 9:30am.
- Keep in mind that no one is required to attend Mass or receive Communion at this time. (Mass will still be livestreamed Sunday at 9:30am.)
- Anyone who has a compromised immune system is encouraged to stay home.
- In Christian Charity, anyone feeling ill or showing signs of illness such as fever, cough, flu-like symptoms (even if not COVID related) or if you’ve been recently exposed to someone who is ill or suspected of having COVID-19 or has COVID-19 should remain at home to prevent illness.
Guidelines for Attending Mass
- If you would like to attend Mass, you will need to RSVP. The deadline to register is Friday by 12 noon of the upcoming Sunday Mass. More information about registration is below.
- Social distancing of at least 6-feet apart will be practiced at all times.
- A face mask must be worn at all times except when receiving Communion. Bring your own face mask.
- Temperatures will be taken before entering the church building.
- All will enter through Door #1.
- Everyone will apply and use hand sanitizer upon entering the building. The hand sanitizer will be supplied by our church.
- An usher will escort you to your chair in the worship area. Most likely, you will not be able to sit where you normally sit.
- An usher will motion you when it’s your turn to go up to receive Communion.
- All will receive Communion in the hand.
- Gloves may not be worn to receive Communion.
- There will be some changes with the offertory, sign of peace, etc.
- All books will be removed from the worship area.
- There will be no holy water in the baptismal font.
- Bulletins will be distributed at the end of Mass.
How to Register to Attend Mass
The deadline to register is the Friday by 12 noon of the upcoming Sunday Mass. Two ways to register follow.
Online. Complete the online form below, click submit, and wait for your registration to process and the screen to return to the event. Scroll down to see if there is a confirmation message in purple font.
Email or call Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920.499.1546 before noon on Friday.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility as we all adjust to these changes in our routine.